Friday, March 15, 2013

Slice of Life Day 10: Saranghae IED


IED is seriously an awesome class. Especially open lab periods, like today. We all have fun assignments to complete on our computers, and Ms. G. usually lets us listen to music over the classroom speakers! You may think that we would take turns playing our favorite songs, changing up the mix every class period.

Well, YOU THOUGHT WRONG!!!

My class continues to play the same exact songs every single time. Don't get me wrong, some of these songs are classics that I really like. But others are starting to get a little bit overplayed. Some of the most popular songs in my class are:
  • American Pie
  • We Didn't Start the Fire
  • Just a Friend
  • Bohemian Rhapsody
  • I Knew You Were Trouble (the goat scream remix, of course)
And, most of all...
500 MILES!!! (Which has for some reason been banned from being played.)

These songs are kind of like working songs to us, setting a beat for the classroom and allowing us to work productively while simultaneously having a sing-along. Are the other IED classes like this...?

***Saranghae is a Korean word for "I love you," or at least that's what I learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment