Saturday, March 30, 2013

Slice of Life Day 19: Taylor Swift


Last night, I went to Taylor Swift's concert, which was part of her Red Tour. My dad took four of my middle schools friends and I for my birthday. It was a really nice concert. Taylor's looked really pretty (although I like her better with curly hair), and Ed Sheeran, who is touring with her, sounded angelic. Our seats were pretty good too. We were on one of the higher platforms, but in the front row of it. I made myself comfortable by dangling my feet over the barrier that was meant to keep us from falling off the platform. It wasn't a very good barrier; it was only about 2 feet high and there was nothing preventing me from jumping right over it (don't worry, I wouldn't).

However, the concert was REALLLYYYYYY LOUDDDDD. I could not even hear myself think. By the middle, all of the noises just started to blur together, and I was convinced that the musicians weren't making music anymore; they were just trying to make as much noise as possible.

The opening act was Florida Georgia Live, and I'm still unsure as to who they are... They failed to audibly introduce themselves, and it took my friends and I the duration of their performance to just figure out their name.

Towards the end of the show, there was a really nice surprise. The lead singer of the band Train came out and sang Drive By with Taylor. I definitely was not expecting that! :D

There was just one more drawback to this delightful experience. THERE WAS NO CARVEL. Last time I went to a Taylor Swift concert at the same venue, there was a Carvel stand. This time there was only Rita's Ices, which fails in comparison to Carvel, especially since they didn't even have chocolate ice! What has this world come to!?!? My dad only went for the Carvel, and since he refused to eat an inferior substitute, he resigned to watching a movie on his iPhone and completely tuning out the concert.

So after the concert ended at 11, we all went back to my house, got there at midnight, and didn't actually go to sleep until 3. It was a lot of fun. :D

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there too!! My mom said she's get me tickets for Christmas but I never actually got them.....T.T Well, it sounds like you had fun!! And OMG Train!!!!

    ReplyDelete