Sunday, March 17, 2013

Slice of Life Day 12: Isolation


To follow up from my previous post, my mom has the flu and has been banished to her room. We are still waiting for the test results for my grandma and my dad to come back, but the doctor was pretty confident that my grandma has the flu, but my dad is just sick with who-knows-what (but he is starting to feel better). And my sister is just sick as well. My mom and grandma are now on bedrest for five days.

We all did get flu shots a few months ago, but this is apparently a different form of the flu that was not included in the vaccination. We got these really attractive surgical masks to wear when we are around each other though!!! Just kidding, they are awkward and annoying.

My parents have banished me to my bedroom for most of the day (except meals, of course) so that I can try not to come in contact with them too often and hopefully not get sick. This is not fun. I am so bored. Helpppppp.

I had a nice stash of chocolate with me, but then I ate it all (oops).

2 comments:

  1. Now would not be a good time to get sick! The last week of school before a break is always the hardest, and if you miss some days, the burdens carry over. I know this from experience, as the week before Winter Break, I got sick, and all the tests got moved to the week after, so I was stressed out the whole time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete