Saturday, March 2, 2013

Slice of Life Day 2: Panera


Who doesn't love free wifi and paninis? Panera is the ultimate sandwich shop. The have free access to the internet and a variety of cafe meals, including my favorite, the frontega chicken sandwich. I was delighted to enjoy this fine delicacy this afternoon. My dad was kind as to pick up lunch for our family at Panera and bring it home for us to enjoy in the serenity of our own home. Eating out at Panera with their free wifi is nice as well, but eating in the peace of our own home was our preferred option today.

The frontega chicken sandwich contains smoked chicken topped with onions, tomatoes, basil leaves, mozzarella cheese, and chipotle mayo on focaccio bread. I usually request that the worked omit the onions. However, today, I was displeased to notice that there were, in fact, onions on my sandwich. I was feeling too lazy to remove the onions, so I ate the sandwich as it was. It was a great sandwich, but it had room for inprovement (namely, the removal of the onions). I don't understand why it is so challenging for the workers to simply remove this part of the sandwich, but I will let the mistake slide this time, as this is the first time it has happened. Overall, my lunch was satisfactory to my tastebuds.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, it's very generous of you to let the Panera workers' mistake slide, Amanda. :D I've actually only been to Panera a handful of times, but they have such yummy sandwiches! It's a really fun place to go for lunch. I've never had the frontega chicken sandwich before, but I'm totally in the mood for it, now! I'd have to get the tomatoes removed, though. Onions, I can stand, but tomatoes are just...unsatisfactory to my taste buds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've always thought Panera was a bread and pizza shop...probably because I've only went there once and had pizza. Or something similar to that. And Nivetha, once again, tomatoes are not that bad! You just have to eat them with the right things--tomatoes on sandwiches always taste good. You also have to make sure to eat the right tomatoes; there's obviously something wrong with the gigantic ones people get at Costco (tomatoes are not supposed to be ingens!). Get the smaller ones people use for sandwiches, those are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Panera also and actually went there today! What a coincidence! Which one did you go to? My favorite things there are the Steak and Cheddar hot Panini, Caesar Salad, and Mac and Cheese. I almost always get a combination of two, if not all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Panera! We’ve probably been there about a hundred times. I always get the “You-Pick-Two” option. Usually I choose tomato soup and the Mediterranean veggie sandwich or the tomato, basil, and mozzarella sandwich. Or, if I’m in the mood for some chicken, I’ll order the chipotle chicken sandwich! Oh, and by the way, their chicken noodle soup and kids’ macaroni are amazing too. :) I love ordering some of the pastries. They have really good chocolate chip cookies, muffin tops, and pumpkin muffins. However, overall, Panera is basically the fancy version of a fast food restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FRONTEGA CHICKEN AND PANERA AND OMG ahhhh it's all so good! I love their mac and cheese, all their paninis, their delicious creamy tomato soup, and their yummy asiago bread which is basically bread with melted cheese baked into it :)

    ReplyDelete