Monday, March 25, 2013

Slice of Life Day 14: Sitting and Working at a Laptop


This is an activity that takes up hours each day, so I may as well pretend that it's interesting. You may think that the proper way to sit while working at a laptop is upright in a desk chair, with your feet planted flat on the floor and the laptop resting on the desk in front of you. Well, this does not work for me for a variety of reasons.

1. My feet do not reach the floor.
2. I do not have a desk. It was moved out of my room and replaced with a beanbag chair. (Good thinking, eh?)
3. Sitting up straight is sooooo overrated and definitely not meant for a hipster like me.

I can't seem to sit in the same postition for more than a couple minutes before getting bored, so I am always moving my laptop and such.

I usually start sitting normally and upright at my spot at the dining room table, with my laptop on the table in front of me. But that chair is so uncomfortable! So I cross and uncross my legs until I am comfortable enough to work for a few minutes. Then I find myself sitting cross-legged in the lotus position.

Next, I usually go up to my room to work, since my chair is uncomfortable and my sister is probably being loud and annoying. I sit in various spots in my small room, such as on the carpet or in my beanbag chair (after I throw all the clothes resting on it onto the floor). Soon enough, I usually resort to laying down on my bed to work. But of course, then I get too comfortable and occasionally fall asleep. See my problem!?!?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I wish I had the same problem, because at least then I would have a bean bag to sit on :)

    Also, bean bags remind me of cats, because I have a family friend who has a white cat and every time I sit on their bean bags the cat always seems to curl up next to me.

    Anyways, I usually just sit on the chair at a desk, and work on my laptop from there. I find placing the laptop on my lap really awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take a third option. I lie down on the couch and pull my knees up so it's like a 90* angle, like someone would do curl-ups. I rest the laptop between my thighs and rest of my body and kinda type akwardly....trust me it's better in real life.

    Now I want a beanbag chair.

    ReplyDelete