Thursday, March 28, 2013

Slice of Life Day 17: Cake


Last night, I was too tired to eat the birthday cake that my mom made for me, so my family and I ate it today. Before my dad lit the candles, my sister came running in with some colorful yet wrinkled papers and ribbon taped together haphazardly. She insisted that it was a hat (?!?) and that I wear it as we cut the cake. Well, I guess it's the thought that counts...

The cake was chocolate with chocolate icing, and my sister had written "Happy birthday, Amanda!" in large pink gel letters. My mom stuck in 16 candles (15 + 1 for good luck) in no particular pattern, and by the time I made a wish and blew them all out, the wax had melted all over the cake. #LowQualityCandles

In addition, my mom picked up some cake slices from one of my favorite bakeries! I am excited to eat those as well. Yay for cake!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, it's the day after but Happy Birthday!!!
    And cake is always good :3
    I haven't had cake in so long though... I missed the cake during my brother's birthday because I had to do something so I didn't go celebrate, which in itself is a horrible thing D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always quite a traumatic experience to miss out on having cake. D':

      Delete