Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Slice of Life Day 4: Etsy


Tempting, distracting, and addicting websites have been spreading like an epidemic of can’t-stay-focused-on-anything-itis and making their ways onto smartphones for the past few years. Almost everywhere you go you can see adults, teens, and even young children absorbed in the small images being radiated off of their handheld devices. Why can’t they just put the device down? They are probably addicted. They have the entire worldwide web at their disposal! Why choose any one particular moment to cut the bad habit when there is so much left to see, watch, and read?
 
So, today, I discovered that the website http://www.etsy.com has an app! Etsy is a website where sellers have online shops and customers can browse through all the items. It is a bit like Amazon, but a lot of the sellers on Etsy sell handcrafted or homemade items, many of which would be hard to find in stores. If any of you have, for some reason, taken the time to wonder where I get hair sticks from, you may be enlightened to know that I get them from various sellers on Etsy. The products on this website include hair accessories, clothes, jewelry, food, home décor, and much more. There are thousands of products in all different price ranges.
 
I have found that once I search a product on Etsy, it’s hard to stop scrolling through the webpage. I was scrolling throughout the whole bus ride today, admiring hair accessories and various items that aren’t too popular or common in stores that are located near my house (like hairsticks). The app is great because it lets me favorite the items I like, so that once I’m done, I can focus my staring on the items which I like best.
 
So, I guess my favorite app turns out to be a shopping website... But I bet it will just be a phase for me, like all the other apps I have wasted time on in the past. What are your favorite apps, and do you find yourself spending way too much time on them?

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, I love Etsy so much! There's so many unique products that sometimes I just want to stare at them forever! Some of the stuff on there is really adorable and is one-of-a-kind, which is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete