Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Slice of Life Day 9: Bohemian Rhapsody


My friends screamed the lyrics to yet another old song I didn't know last week in IED. "Is this a Christmas song?" I asked obliviously. Bobby face-palmed and Andrew cracked up. Apparently, this was some song called Bohemian Rhapsody, not the Nutcrack Ballet. The whole melody switch was confusing me, I guess. I continued to complain about how annoying Bobby's and Joey's singing was for the remainder of the song.

Well, I decided to listen to Bohemian Rhapsody over the weekend. I learned two main things.

1. Despite the name of the group, Queen, being a synonym for female ruler and the feminine soprano sound of the song, the group is actually male! (Who knew?)

2.  Bohemian Rhapsody is actually a pretty good song! I like how there are so many different parts to it, making it fun to sing.

I have been opera singing this song for the past two hours, undoubtably annoying my family to no end. If I do say so myself, I am hitting these notes pretty darn well. :D (I bet some of you would beg to differ on this claim...).

My favorite parts are "carry on, carry on," "mama oooh", and "Galileo Galileo." Who else loves this song!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Great post. when people sing old songs it kind of gets a little anoying.
    Here is the link to my blog:http://kidblog.org/castlebloggers/bella47490/solsc-march-13-2013-wax-museum/#comment-1623

    ReplyDelete