Sunday, March 24, 2013

Slice of Life Day 13: Castle (SPOLIER ALERT)


Usually, my day is consumed by school, play rehearsal, homework, and various other activities. But now, after not having ANY DAYS OFF SINCE WINTER BREAK, I can finally relax over spring break. GASP. RELAXING? WHO DOES THAT?

Yesterday and today, I caught up on the new episodes of one of my favorite TV shows, Castle. For those of you who don't know, it is a show on ABC about a female cop in NYC named Kate Beckett and her assistant, who is an author named Richard Castle. Even though the show is serious (Beckett is a homicide detective), the mood is lightened by Castle's jokes and the developing plots of the characters' lives (and the budding romance between the two main characters that has been in the works for the entirity of the show's existance). I've been watching this show since sixth grade, and I really love it. The storyline is always well written, and I feel like I have gotten to know the characters really well.

CAUTION: SPOILER ALERT BELOW!!!

The previous three episodes were AMAZING. The two before the most recent one were part of a two-part storyline. Castle's daughter Alexis was kidnapped and held hostage in Paris for a reason unknown to her father of the police. It turned out that she was being held in order to lure her grandfather to her location... but wait... Castle has never met his father! He disappeared before Castle was even born...

CASTLE'S FATHER IS A SPY!!!!!!! :O :O :O :O :O

What? I totally didn't cry when the man said he was Castle's father if that's what you're asking... pssht...

But WOW. The episodes really moved me. Yeah, all the other ones are great too, but I was really impressed by these two. If you have never seen Castle before, I highly suggest you tune in to ABC tomorrow night at 10 to catch the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment